On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 05:29:57PM -0700, Arvind Kalyan wrote:
> On 11/4/07, Niels De Vos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as far as I know the berry_charge driver/module conflicts with the
> > bcharge-tool. This might prevent other barry-tools from functioning
> > too.
>

> rmmod berry_charge  usb-storage
> followed by the plugging/running bcharge etc, doesn't seem to work either.
> usb-storage successfully claims the blackberry to itself and doesn't let
> bcharge do anything. As seen from the dmesg.

Niels is correct.  Bcharge and berry_charge conflict, and you should
only try one at a time.

rmmod is not enough to prevent the conflict.  You need to rename the
berry_charge module under /lib/modules before plugging in your device.

I have seen reports that the protocol for the 8830 is different, so
you may be running into this issue as well.  I don't have an 8830
here to test with, but I may in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, if anyone with an 8830 is willing to do some log
captures for me, I can help run through them step by step.  You'll need
to have a working Windows install in a VMware instance, running on a recent
2.6 kernel (2.6.22 or later I believe).  If you can get your Blackberry
to charge using VMware and Windows, we should be able to do it in Linux
as well.

There is more info in the USB-capture document:
http://barry.cvs.sourceforge.net/barry/barry/doc/USB-capture.txt?revision=1.2&view=markup

- Chris