My contribution on the former plugin Tab2Mage was to add a feature to manage pooling of samples (or extracts) and the possibility to have several "Files[raw]" per RawBioAssay (ex : one cy3 and one cy5) because we used nimblegen multi-color arrays.
Are you plan to manage that feature ?

Gildas

Le 01/09/2011 14:43, Pawel Sztromwasser a écrit :
Hallo,

I haven't been to the milestones page for a while, and I didn't know that work on BASE 3 was in such an advanced state. Great job guys! Support for sequencing data is excellent news for us. Anyway, before it is released and before we are ready to migrate, we will certainly have experiments to export. We could keep using the Tab2Mage exporter this year, and the conversion script later, but I think I'd prefer to start working on the plugin now when we have time, develop against BASE 2 where we would have immediate use for it, and port to BASE 3 later after we migrate. It will not be a big change I hope.

Gildas, I have actually started developing the plugin. If you're willing to contribute, I could send you the jar/code when it is more-or-less ready for testing, so we could debug it on our sites simultanously and make it bullet-proof;)

Helen, IMO it is better with one format than two, so I think removing support for Tab2Mage (and providing conversion tools) is a move forward. One thing I was wondering, if there are any plans for an XML-based format for description of MA experiments? MAGE-ML is a bit too complex I guess, but an XML Schema equivalent to the current MageTab format would be favored by programmers and for programmatic access, in comparison with the tab-delimited files.

Best wishes,
Pawel

Nicklas Nordborg wrote:
On 2011-09-01 09:15, Gildas Le Corguillé wrote:
Hello,

Our group still interesting in this kind of exporter. It was the main
reason why we decided to use Base. We are in a public lab so we like to
share :P
Last year, I repaired the existing Tab2Mage-exporter module for Base.
So if you need help, I can spend some time on that. But I'm not
necessarily a good developer ^^'

I think that a Mage-Tab exporter has to be developed by the BASE community. We can provide space and user accounts on our subversion+trac (baseplugins.thep.lu.se) if someone is interested to start on this. Unfortunately we have no time to help with the actual development. Of course, we'll try to answer questions and provide the information that is necessary.

As a starting point, we try to collect and document the major API changes in http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1603

My guess is that #1153 and #1597 are the major changes that cause problems for the current Tab2Mage exporter.

/Nicklas

http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsisghtdev2dev