An upgrade in the sense of the installation document
(http://base.thep.lu.se/chrome/site/doc/installation.html) is that a
newer BASE 2.0 release is replacing an earlier BASE 2.0 release on a
running server. This is NOT an upgrade of a BASE 1.2.x server to BASE 2.0.

When upgrading a live BASE 2.0 server with a newer release there is a
known issue with PostgreSQL/Hibernate/BASE2.0. This issue makes upgrades
between BASE 2.0 releases potentially unsafe. The problem is reported to
the Hibernate developer team, and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

To perform a shift from BASE 1.2.x to BASE 2.0, a first time install of
BASE 2.0 has to be performed, followed by an optional migration of data
from BASE 1.2.17 to BASE 2.0.

Jari

--
Jari Hakkinen, PhD
Complex Systems Division                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]