I am not able to reproduce the error. Unfortunately there is a glitch in
the error handling which causes a second error to hide the original one.
   If you turn on debugging there might be some more information
displayed. You turn on debugging by editing the
/www/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties file.

In the "Base 2 CORE loggers" section change the line:
   log4j.logger.net.sf.basedb.core=warn

to:
   log4j.logger.net.sf.basedb.core=debug

and run the initdb.sh script again.