Micha Bayer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running BASE2.1 under Tomcat 5.5 and I am getting my catalina.out
> log swamped by BASE log statements. Is there any way I can turn this
> off?

It doesn't sound normal. What kind of log messages do you get?

> I have tried to change the log levels in the log4j.properties file in
> www\WEB-INF\classes\, and even deleted this file but it seems to have
> made no difference.
>
> Is the logging configured in the BASE source perhaps?

Logging done by BASE is controlled by the log4j.properties file which
you already have found. The default settings doesn't log anything except
errors and warnings and if these start to appear frequently it is
usually something that should be taken care of. Deleting the file is
probably not a good idea. It used to cause Hibernate to output lots of
INFO-level messages.

/Nicklas