a good write up for affy chips is here:
http://lev.thep.lu.se/trac/baseplugins/browser/trunk/se/lu/thep/affymetrix/README
it kinda skips the initial setup part and goes right into analysis..

for genepix, I usually just use the gpr file.. but you can store the
other files if you want to..

1. zip up everything into a .zip file
2. import all the files using the zip plugin importer
3. create your biosources..  this will depend upon what kind of
experiment you are doing
we do ChIP-chip so we set up one biosource for chromatin, and one for
the immunoppt antibody
4. make samples from your biosources
5. for ChIP-chip we make a pooled sample of the chromatin sample and the
antibody sample as the experimental..
and just the chromatin sample as the input DNA..
6. create labelled samples
7. make a hybridization, add the array slide.. if you havn't done so
before.. you need to create your array platform..
this requires the GAL file so that you can import the reporters.. then
you make an array batch.. then specific slides..
(see steps 2 and 3 from the affy readme)
8. make a scan from your hybridization
9. make a rawbioassay from your scan
10. import the data from your gpr file into the rawbioassay.. (using
simple import plugin)
11.  follow steps 4 and 5 of the affy README to make the experiment and
the root bioassay set..
12. after you have the root bioassay set, there will be some analysis
icons where you can normalize the data and run other
plugins..  i havn't done much analysis with BASE2 as i use various R
packages..

-keith

--
Keith Ching, Ph.D.
Bioinformatics, Laboratory of Gene Regulation

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
858-822-5767