Micha Bayer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to import some raw data with flags such as "NORMAL" and
> "ABNORMAL" into raw bioassays. I have mapped this column to the 'Flags'
> field in the raw data importer config for Genepix format (this is on
> BASE 2.3.0). For some reason the importer chokes on the values for the
> flags though and throws a NumberFormatException. It looks to me as
> though it is trying to parse the String to a float -- see stack trace
> below.
> In the raw-data-types.xml config file the Flags field for the Genepix
> data format is listed as being an integer type. Could that be the
> problem? Is this a problem with my setup or potentially a bug, and has
> anyone else seen this behaviour?

The 'flags' column is, as you say, a numeric column. It can't hold
string values, and of course it will not know how to handle 'NORMAL' and
'ABNORMAL' values since they are not numbers. It is expected behaviour
and is not a bug.

You can set the importer option 'Invalid numeric value' to either 'null'
or 'skip'. The 'null' option will not insert a value for the 'flag' at
all and the 'skip' options will skip the entire data line. Another
option is that you do a search-and-replace in your file and convert the
NORMAL and ABNORMAL to some numeric values.

/Nicklas