Hi all,

I've been experiencing strange problems (BASE V2.4.5)
with sample annotations.  The first problem seems to
be related to a limit on the number of annotation
fields allowed (I'm not sure if there is a limit?).  I
have been trying to attach non-array type data to
samples as annotations. Specifically, I have 83
annotation fields per sample.  I managed to create all
annotation types without any hitches, but as soon as I
go to the Samples page and try to initiate any other
action (e.g. importing of annotation data) from this
page I get a msg saying that I'm not logged in, OR
that the server has been restarted. I've manage to
avoid this problem, however, if I reduce the number of
annotation fields to somewhere < 50 (I haven't
determined the exact limit yet).  Any ideas why this
should happen?

The second problem relates to the annotation importer
(this might be related to the first).  Once I've
reduced the number of annotation fields to enable me
to initialise the importer wizard, I manage to start
the importing of data, but keep on getting a msg
saying that:
"Item not found: Sample[name=T10656.b1.WBA.plasma] on
line 2: T10656.b1.WBA.pla..."

I've tried to create simpler sample entries (i.e. Not
seperated by "."), but this generates the same error
msg.  I've previously had this working, which leaves
me somewhat baffled?  Any ideas?

Regards,
Johan van Heerden

Be a better friend, newshound, and