Another idea might be to use Javascript to highlight the
just-edited-with-shift-click list entry somehow.  That would make it easier to
process a list in this way without missing an entry.

Nicklas Nordborg writes:
 > Bob MacCallum wrote:
 > > It's not possible to show inherited annotations in list view.
 > > Not even the presence or absence of them.  The next best thing
 > > for me would be to:
 > >
 > > 1. go to the list view
 > > 2. click on the first item
 > > 3. select the annotations&parameters tab
 > > 4. check that all is well
 > > 5. then click on a "next item" button
 > >
 > > I don't know if it's easy to implement, but somehow the GUI would know
 > > that it
 > > had come from a list view and display the buttons:
 > > [first |<] [previous <] [next >] [last >|]
 > >
 > > Many mail readers do this kind of thing.
 > > It would be much appreciated if you could add this to BASE.
 > >
 > > Any thoughts?
 >
 > Useful as it might be it is not straightforward to implement. Basically
 > because the lists only shows a subset of the items, so that when you get
 > to the last item on the first page of the list we don't know which item
 > is the next one.
 >
 > Hmmm.... maybe it would work to just store the total count of items and
 > then use the list index instead of item id. The drawback is that the
 > query generating the list would need to be repeated on each new request,
 > but that is usually quick enough.
 >
 > Here is another tip. Use one of CTRL/ALT/SHIFT when you click on the
 > item in the list view to bring up the "Edit" dialog in a new window.
 > BASE will even remember which tab you were looking at so it is very
 > quick and it also allows you to change any mistakes.
 >
 > /Nicklas

Bob MacCallum | VectorBase Developer | Kafatos/Christophides Groups |
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology | Imperial College London |
Phone +442075941945 | Email r.maccal...@imperial.ac.uk