Hi all,

Does anyone know the details about importing probeset annotations for
Affymetrix chips?

I was able to import a couple of CDFs provided by the Affy web site,
then I tried the "CSV importer x" (from LIMS->Array Designs menu),
providing the CSV annotation file as input, which, again, I downloaded
from Affy-web.

However, it doesn't seem that the probeset IDs are complemented with the
further information coming from the CSV. In fact, in the reporter
section of the BASE UI, I cannot find essential columns such as GO
accessions and labels, or KEGG IDs.

How does the thing work? How does it work in general (I started with
Affy, but later I will need to work with Illumina chips as well)?

Moreover, I am trying to do that in order to use BASE as a single point
storage for both visualizing the probeset annotations and accessing them
from external Java programs. Can someone point me to the right API parts
and documentation for doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco.