> The same error message is reported in the "Stack trace" tab. Nothing else.

Strange. I just finsished downloading that (huge!) file and get the
following error/stack trace:

at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.set(Arrays.java:3385)
at affymetrix.gcos.cdf.CDFFileData.readTextProbeSets(CDFFileData.java:500)
at affymetrix.gcos.cdf.CDFFileData.readTextFormat(CDFFileData.java:298)
at affymetrix.gcos.cdf.CDFFileData.open(CDFFileData.java:148)
at affymetrix.gcos.cdf.CDFFileData.read(CDFFileData.java:687)
at affymetrix.fusion.cdf.FusionCDFData.read(FusionCDFData.java:101)
at net.sf.basedb.core.Affymetrix.checkIfReportersExists(Affymetrix.java:328)
at
net.sf.basedb.plugins.CdfFileReporterImporter.importFromCdf(CdfFileReporterImporter.java:488)
at
net.sf.basedb.plugins.CdfFileReporterImporter.run(CdfFileReporterImporter.java:197)
at
net.sf.basedb.core.PluginExecutionRequest.invoke(PluginExecutionRequest.java:110)
at
net.sf.basedb.core.InternalJobQueue$JobRunner.run(InternalJobQueue.java:506)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The problem is with the following entry in the cdf file:
[Unit4579024]
Name=NONE
Direction=1
NumAtoms=0      0
NumCells=510
UnitNumber=4579024
UnitType=0
NumberBlocks=1

It has 510 cells, but the code still tries to assign information to
position 511 in the array. I don't know why or if this has been fixed in
later versions of the SDK provided by Affymetrix. I have checked the
code and it seems like in this particular case it only works if the
number of cells is a multiple of 4 (eg. 508 or 512).

In any case, it is not possible to simply replace the Affymetrix SDK
that BASE uses with the new one since we have made some modifications to
the code in the SDK to make it work with BASE.

/Nicklas