On 07/06/2024 13:45, Christian Grün wrote:
> But it looks as if BaseX 11 doesn't support ??
as a (deep) lookup operator so far. Is that right?

Correct. The exact syntax (including key specifiers, which will be
similar to XPath axis specifiers) is still subject to discussion, so
we haven’t included it yet in our official release.

Thanks, as Michael Kay was playing at XMLPrague this morning with Saxon
13 and ?? on XDM maps and arrays I had hoped I could try some of that
stuff out with BaseX but I understand that is all work in progress and
therefore hard to include in some snapshot state in an official release.

So I will have to wait to use it until some later release.