Hi Jan,

> This leads to more general feature: schema aware processing. Currently (as
> far as I know) the dateTime values are indexed as strings, what is in many
> cases quite inefficient. Knowing the type of the value and using related type
> of index could lead to much more efficient queries.

this is something we may want to tackle with the next major update of
the database layout (BaseX 8.0). We can't promise, though, if we'll
introduce schema aware processing. Instead, we'll rather improve our
runtime analysis of incoming data, and store it the most efficient
way, and the optimizations will also work for documents without schema
information.

What kind of geospatial queries (EXPath vs MarkLogic vs eXist) would
you like to see introduced?