Kento san,

> Our data consists of hundreds of thousands xml documents and each of them has
> several thousands of nodes.
> The error occurred while we added it to a database.

thanks for the feedback. In this case, you probably need to store your
data in several database instances. As "databases" are pretty
light-weight data structures in BaseX [1], we may rename them to
"collections", and add another indirection in a future version to
increase the maximum number of supported documents (nodes) per
database.

Hope this helps,
Christian

A little PS reg. your import script: the "add" command will be faster
than "replace" in most cases. Next, when doing bulk updates, it is
recommended to turn off the "autoflush" option to improve performance.

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Databases
[2] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Options#AUTOFLUSH