Hi there,

just for the sake of completeness, my 2cents:
Am 15.10.2012 um 16:53 schrieb Rainer Klute <rainer.kl...@itemis.de>:

>> As far as I am aware, Sedna is
>> actually ideal for storing huge single file XML documents.
I am not sure if Sedna is better suited or not, but this is out of topic anyway
:-).
> Would be a nice try if Sedna could run on Android. But it is in C and
> not Java, so …
I don't think the actual problem is storage or processing, but your application
demanding for DOM like navigation and lazy loading of Elements.
This is indeed out of BaseX’ scope (at least at the moment) as far as I can
see.

I do not know your specifics, but I'd suggest you should at least consider
giving BaseX (or any XML database for that matter) a try.

It’s rather easy and quick to extract only portions of a document and load
other parts on demand. Usually even with documents of several gigabytes in
size, thanks to indices, performance mainly depends on how much data you want
and need at a given time.

But anyway, my reply is just for the sake of completeness, feel free to pursue
whichever approach feels best for you and solves your problem :-)

Kind regards
Michael

P.S. (bold claims following ;-))
I doubt that a non disk persisted tree representation— such as XOM or SAX— is
able to beat an XML database when it comes to tasks other than serializing the
whole document, and even there most databases might be well on par as
serializing the on disk representation should be straight forward.
XOM in their documentation states that you should not consider using XPath, as
performance may degenerate.
So deciding for or against XOM depends heavily on what you actually want and
need :-)