Hi Peter,
I wonder if this problem is related to a change I suggested to the
webapps/WEB_INF/jetty.xml file.
Do you still get the problem if you remove the line below and restart?
    <Set name="host"><SystemProperty name="org.basex.serverhost"
default=""/></Set>

Or if you change default="" to default="0.0.0.0" as suggested here

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Cannot-connect-to-server-host-IP-unless-it-s-localhost-td3861103.html

Regards

/Andy