Dear all,

I have a possibly dumb/trivial question with regards to resource
utilization with BaseX. It's basically two things:

1) I'm working with a database that is smaller than the available memory in
my main research machine. I noticed the MAINMEM option, but for some reason
I couldn't get it to work, and then noticed that it would only affect newly
created db's. Is it possible to tell BaseX to create a db in disk, and then
load it into memory in full? would this increase performance? Would
something like
SET MAINMEM = true
COPY DB 'diskDB' 'memDB'
achieve something along these lines?

2) The machine I'm working on has a quad core processor. Is there anyway to
process queries in parallel to take advantage of this? I made some
superficial attempts through splitting queries and running them
simultaneously, but it seems that the server is still confined to one cpu.
I understand that adding multithreading support could be unnecesary and out
of the scope of the project, but I thought of asking since I was already
coming here to ask about memory.

Thanks for any tips!
jta.

--
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem