To put some numbers on query precompilation [3]. I have been using Apache
ab  to time a very simple RESTXQ request

declare  %rest:GET %rest:path("bsp/simple")
%output:method("text")
function simple() {"test"};

>ab -n 100 -c 10 http://localhost:8984/bsp/simple

I timed this when my webapp folder had a large number of unrelated, and
uncalled, RESTXQ folders and apps and I get *1.77 requests / second*. If I
remove all these, to leave just the one simple() function  I get *366
requests / second*. (This later figure is not that far from what I get
serving from /static.)

/Andy