From: Christian Grün [mailto:christian.gr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 2:19 AM
To: Bednar, Scott E
Cc: basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
Subject: Re: [basex-talk] XML clob w/ SQL module

Hi Scott,

> I'm trying to extract XML stored in a CLOB from an oracle database using the
> sql module for BaseX. When I select the clob value, I get this sort of thing:
>
> <sql:column name="MSG">oracle.sql.CLOB@49458ef3</sql:column>

I can well imagine that our SQL Module implementation [1] could be extended to
support more data types, but we should probably try to stick with the standard
Java SQL types. Do you know if oracle.sql.CLOB inherits some class from the
"java.sql" package?

Christian

[1]
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/blob/master/basex-core/src/main/java/org/basex/query/func/FNSql.java