Hi Yoann,
we had written an example about two years ago when we were using Openlaszlo (RIP) as GUI tool so my example is in the framework's code. I think it is rather understandable and easily portable to JQuery or any othe AJAX tk.

Following the method for building and sending the request in our OL AJAX class. It sets the src (URI) of the request, the content (with corresponding XML mime type header) taken from a OL dataset and the adds an Authorzation header to the request. The authorization is Basic and is retrieved from a "connectform" widget where the user inserts its credentials.

<method name="sendRequest" args="uri, xmldata">
            this.setAttribute("src", connectform.getURL())
            this.setHeader("Authorization", connectform.getAuth())
            if(xmldata != null){
                this.setHeader("Content-Type", "application/xml");
                this.setAttribute('postbody', xmldata);
            }

            this.doAJAXRequest()
</method>

This is the connectform.getAuth() method that builds the content of the Basic Authentication Header.

<method name="getAuth">
return "Basic " + b64.encode(this.userfield.getText() + ":" + this.passwordfield.getText())
</method>

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Marco.