Thanks, Christian -- this worked!

It leaves a DOS box open, but that's fine so long as I can adjust memory setting for BaseX.

Cheers,

Dave.

On 08/01/2015 11:18 AM, Christian Grün wrote:
Hi Dave,

The basexgui is started using "javaw" instead of "java". You could try
to replace javaw with java in the basexgui.bat script, start this
script on command-line and see if some errors are generated while
starting BaseX.

Looking forward to your feedback,
Christian