Hi Marc,

> I do indeed see that no arg is allowed. But I wonder what the thinking
> behind it is.

The thinking here was simply non-existent; the bug was introduced by
the revision of our annotation handling: in earlier versions, all
annotatoins were dynamically parsed. Now, you already get feedback at
parse time if some of your annotations are invalid.

The bug should now be fixed, please check out the latest snapshot [1].

Thanks for reporting,
Christian

[1] http://files.basex.org/releases/latest