Hello,
I have two groups of xml to be included in the same database.
Usually the same query will be performed on both of them, but I need to able to query only one group. The difference between the groups is known only to add the xml files, e.g. the origin of the files. This information is not found inside the files, and I prefer not modifying their content.

I was hoping to be able to define groups, using subfolders and base-uri or multiple collections, but I know it's not possible using Basex. Maybe I can tag them? The group type is both a property and a possible filter in a query, so I need a good performance.

Right now I see two alternatives:
1. Using two separate databases. Once I need to query all files, I'll make the same query on multiple databases... 2. One database, but a query to a new xml document, which includes list of node-ids per group type, will be used both for knowing the type and for querying a subset.

Any ideas, please?

--
With kind regards,
Menashè