Thanks, Dirk. Basically, I just want to create hierarchical collections
within a database, with some subcollections being possible empty. But if I
do CREATE DB parent, I'm not able to follow that with something like, CREATE
DB parent/child. Is this possible by other means? (Sorry for the newbie
question; I'm still getting familiarized with how things work in BaseX.)

Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)