Hello Christophe,

that's easy: The more you got, the better it is ;)

More serious: It is hard, if not impossible, to tell. This very much
depends on your use case and how you intend to use BaseX in your
process. As a traditional database and having lots of read/write access,
you are most likely I/O bound. However, you can also do complex
operations using XQuery, so you could be CPU bound.

I find it almost always beneficial to use SSDs instead of traditional
HDDs, but again: If you never touch the disk at all, this wouldn't make
a difference (but it also decreases the BaseX startup time, which is nice).

The use cases just differs to much for BaseX - you can use BaseX
embedded into your smartphone application or on a large zServer, so it
is really though to give a general advice. For a practicable approach I
would always recommend you run your application at some standard server
and take a look using Java profiling where BaseX is bound and then
increase the according component.

Cheers
Dirk

--
Dirk Kirsten, BaseX GmbH, http://basexgmbh.de
|-- Firmensitz: Blarerstrasse 56, 78462 Konstanz
|   Dr. Christian Grün, Dr. Alexander Holupirek, Michael Seiferle
`-- Phone: 0049 7531 28 28 676, Fax: 0049 7531 20 05 22