Hi Marc, hi Andy,

Confirmed, it seems to be the MIXUPDATES option. Once again, I noticed
it’s tricky to statically detect which dynamic function calls will
perform updates. Obviously, in the given case, there was no updating
code at all, so the error message was a bit misleading.

Feedback on the MIXUPDATES option is always welcome. I have just
uploaded a new snapshot [1].

Christian

[1] http://files.basex.org/releases/latest/