Thanks Christian.
Now it makes sense.

Quite interesting, that "XQuery: More than Just a Query Language" presentation.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Apparently you have to use the name of the function followed by #1 like
this:

let $a := local:someFunc($nodeSet, local:someOtherFunc#1)

But it is unclear to me if this is indeed the right way to do it.
This is called a named function reference. The digit represents the
number of arguments of your function.

I could not find the documentation on using functions as argument on the
Wiki pages.
This is true. Would anyone out there be interested in extending our
Higher Order Functions article [1]?

Here are two external references that may be of interest for you, though:

* The slides of our XML Technologies course (No 4: "XQuery: More than
Just a Query Language", Page 12) [2]
* Priscilla Walmsley’s new book on XQuery [3]

Hope this helps,
Christian

[1] http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Higher-Order_Functions
[2] http://phobos103.inf.uni-konstanz.de/xml15/