Hi

I’m trying to figure out whether batched transaction would work for basex, and
I came across the RUN and EXECUTE command specified in
http://files.basex.org/releases/8.4/BaseX84.pdf page 58-59.  The document
mentioned following in the summary section:

RUN:Evaluates the contents of file as XQuery expression. If the file ends with
the suffix .bxs, the file content will be evaluated as command script. This
command can be used to run several commands in a single transaction
EXECUTE: Evaluates the specified input as command script. This command can be
used to run several commands in a single transaction.

I’ve tried this myself
For example, I’d like to know if I batch 2 inserts, if one fails, would both
inserts get rollback.

I’m using a simple .bxs (attached and also listed below for your convenience)
and run the execute using GUI.

OPEN test
ADD TO embedded7.xml <root>embedded</root>
ADD TO embedded8.xml <root>embedded
CLOSE

The second ADD (embedded8.xml) is  not a valid xml format so I’m expecting it
to fail, and rollback both files if any of them have already added. But after
executing this script, I’m seeing embedded7.xml have been added.

Would you be able to confirm if this is the expected behavior ? If so,  is
there anyway that I can batch multiple inserts and ensures that these batch of
files can be committed at the same time, and rollback  all together if any of
the file has an error ?

Thank you very much for your help.