Hi BaseX gurus,

I noticed that if the resource is persisted in basex, there is a way to tell
what type of the resource it is(db:content-type?). However, I’m wondering for
new resources to be persisted, is there a way to determine ? Or mostly needs to
rely on the application to determine which basex call to be make ? I’m seeing
on the document that db:store is to persist binary database and use db:add for
other documents. Does it mean that the caller really need to know the type of
the resource, in order to determine which db function to call ?

Thanks much for your help.

Regards,
-Genneva