On Wed, 2016-06-29 at 21:47 +0200, Bram Vanroy | KU Leuven wrote:
> When I try to get the version manually from the command line, this
> works fine.
>
> perl -le 'use Carp; print $Carp::VERSION;'
> # returns 1.11

OK

> I'm at loss. I have no idea at all why the program would crash on
> such a line!
Is there by any chance more than one version of Perl on your system?
You could try using strace to see which files were accessed -
strace ./your-script 2>&1 | grep -i carp
might be useful.

> You say you didn't manage to start multiple basex sessions either.
> Can I ask what the cause of this was? Did Basex' Perl API throw an
> error, and if so which one?

I didn't get an error but my script fails (or throws an exception) the
second time I try to use a BaseX session; I can open several but only
the first one used with $s->query() actually works. It might be that
$query->more() thinks it's got past the end of the results or
something.

I didn't try for long though.

Liam

--