I use   - non-breakable space a lot. It's used widely in French.

I wanted:

‌ - ‌
‍ - ‍

I've had clients who have asked for the thin space in the past &#8201... I
nicely told them 'no'.

I've resolved my joiner issue with an alternate solution for now. But if
you are opening up the can of worms, and it's not much more work, why not
implement all the space and joiner entities   to ‍?

Regards,

France