Dear Radim,

Welcome to the list.

> 1) BaseX GUI is automatically opened with administration permissions without
> any login request. Can it be fixed?

As the GUI has been designed for local standalone usage, no user can
be specified. If you plan to use BaseX in a distributed environment,
the DBA web interface may be the better choice.

> 2) Once user is created in a database, he or she has the same rights in all
> databases. Can it be fixed so the user has particular permisssion per
> database?

That’s possible. By default, new users have no permissions, and you
can assign user names and patterns to databases [1].

> 3) Or better, would it be posssible to set user permission per collection
> (like in Sedna or MonoDB)?

In BaseX, user permissions are always defined for databases.

> 4) I can see the users are stored in users.xml file, including with their
> permission and hashed password. It is a security issue for us because the
> digest hash can be decrypted in few seconds. Is it possible to obscure that
> sensitive information, or to not store it in the file?

How would you proceed to decode it that quickly? – The digest hash is
only required for HTTP digest authentication; feel free to remove it
from the users.xml file.

> 5) All queries are stored in logs. Queries for user creation or password
> change are stored in plain text there. Is there a way to obscure that
> sensitive information?

Passwords won’t be stored in the logs, so you’ll be safe.

> 6) It only is possible to create BaseX users. Is Active Directory account
> support in road-map, especially support for AD groups? It would be much
> appreciated.

Not yet. Sorry, I cannot give you any timeline, because it currently
has no high priority for us.

> 7) BaseX supports http protocol. Is it possible to make it work with https
> protocol as well?

Absolutely.

Hope this helps,
Christian