Hi Dirk

in our case we have about 1 GB of product catalog for 30 languages spread
across 30 XML files…so not much data.

One or more instances of a webservices will perform only queries - only reads -
on the data. Standard XPath queries
and a bunch of full text queries (in particular queries related to „find as you
type“). On my machine (8 cores, 32 GB RAM)
I could reach up to 50 XPath queries per second. We have no numbers about the
expected workload (new system, new application).
So we must be prepared to scale. So one single BaseX node might not be enough
at some point. Currently I am thinking about
bundling one BaseX instance with all the data + one webservice instance into
one container. So every container is self-contained
and we should be able to scale up by starting up as much containers as needed.
Not the perfect solution but one that should
work smoothly. I also looked into exist-db and replication but their
replication mechanism has too many moving parts and scares
me a bit. Do I have a free wish? A configuration-less replication mechanism
(multi-master) as we have it in Elasticsearch…but only
a dream :-)

Andreas