I have BaseX 8.6.7 on 32 bit Windows 10. When I tried to load an XML file
yesterday to editor, the program crashed. I tried several times, and then
reinstalled BaseX from net. This did not help. The program crashes on file
dialog. If I open the file with double click, the file opens. Then I
reinstalled java, but this did not help either.When I used cmd window, and run
"java -cp BaseX.jar org.basex.BasexGUI", it worked. So it seems problem is on
Java version embedded.

Windows is 10.0.16299.19, and Java that works is 1.8.0_144-b01

Arto Viitanen
Microteam Oy
Haarlankatu 4B
33230 Tampere