Hello,

I am building a system that relies on a Basex backend, and for that I have
chosen to use the TCP protocol. My system is built in managed code, so I went
ahead and copied the code provided here:
https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/tree/master/basex-api/src/main/c%23 which
satisfied my needs very nicely. However, since I have not written this code
myself, it is subject to expensive and time consuming pre-shipping legal audits
where it is checked that the code does not contain references to other public
domain code.

Engineers developing managed code today expect APIs to be shipped as Nuget
packages. This has the advantages that it is extremely easy to uptake, you can
regard it as a black box (but get the source if you need to), and it supports
dependencies (none, in your case) and you can go back and use previously
shipped versions (which is important in your case, since you have just changed
the authentication scheme I believe). Could  you consider offering the API as
both Nugets and source on Github?

Best Regards

Peter Villadsen
Principal Architect