Hi Marco,

> The result returned by function base-uri is:
> file:///C:/software/test_include/include1/include1/include2/include2/include3/include3.xml
> which I think is wrong, I think it should be:
> file:///C:/software/test_include/include1/include2/include3/include3.xml

The answer is correct (you will see this if you try other XQuery
processors): Your resulting base uri is composed by recursively
resolving the relative base URIs. A simplified example:

  base-uri(
    <a xml:base="a/">
      <b xml:base="b/">
        <c xml:base="c.xml"/>
      </b>
    </a>//c
  )

The base URIs are:
• element a: ...original base uri.../a/
• element b: ...original base uri.../a/b/
• element c: ...original base uri.../a/b/c.xml

Cheers
Christian

PS: Feel free to forward a potential answer to the XInclude issue to this list.