Hi Andreas,

Ignoring for a moment the mysteries of tail recursion, I wonder if a simple
regex can give you the wrapping you are looking for. See [1]

declare function local:word-wrap($string,$width){
  $string=>normalize-space()=>concat(" ")=>replace(``[(.{0,`{ $width }`})
]``,'$1
')
};
"This is a very long line of text. It goes well beyond 80 (eighty)
characters in width. Therefore we need a word wrap function, which we test
in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad
minim ve iam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex
ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate
velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat
cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id
est laborum."
=>util:replicate(10000)=>string-join("")

=>local:word-wrap(80)

/Andy
[1] https://stackoverflow.com/a/3892909/3210344