Hi Martin,

This error may happen if (1) two different instances of basex try to
open/update the very same database.
As BaseX uses standard JVM functionality to acquire the Lock it is very likely
that indeed to different processes tried to access the very same file.

Maybe there is some kind of shared database between your instances that you are
trying to access?

Best from Konstanz

Michael