Hi Bridger,

Yes, this may very well. I'll dive into it later today or tomorrow. The difficulty for me will be to decrement only if a conditional. But, that may very well suffice.

If so, it will give the data some structure through attributes.

Then, I can use those attributes.

Thanks,

Thufi

On 2020-02-19 7:57 a.m., Bridger Dyson-Smith wrote:
Hi Thufir -

Maybe something like this will help?

```
xquery version "3.1";

let $y := 99

for $x in (1 to 9)
count $iterator
let $decrease := $y - $iterator
return(
   comment { "iterator = " ||  $iterator },
   comment { "decrease = " || $decrease },
   <xy x='{ $x }' y='{ $decrease }'/>
)
```

I'm basically ripping Walmsley's book off for this example -- see pages ~135-7 (examples P-6,7). The `count` clause makes this work.

Best,
Bridger

PS Remember, the first step in avoiding a *trap* is knowing of its existence. :)