Hi Hugo -

[responding to the list, too, because I'm well-known for missing the
obvious! :)]
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 4:26 PM Silamphre <hugoscheitha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bridger,
>
> Thank you for your kind reply and your assistance. I have tried using that
> command directly in the Ubuntu terminal, but unfortunately it works only
> when I set the value to 2, which is way too big for an interface aha. It
> seems to only be working with integers.
> I'll try editing the script, but since it refers to a java program and I'm
> not familiar with it, do you know if I can just copy that command line in
> the script, or if I need to write a more specific command line ?
>
> On a different OS, I had problems with JDK font rendering, so I was adding
flags like this to BaseX in the `basexgui` script like so:

```shell

# Run code
exec java -cp "$CP" -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2.0 $BASEX_JVM org.basex.BaseXGUI
"$@"
```

i.e. adding the flag *after* the `-cp`/classpath flag in the command.

I just tried this on my current Linux system, and by bumping the number a
bit, I did increase some of the scaling, but only in the editor pane of the
GUI; i.e. I noticed the scaling particularly in the tabs. To be honest, I'm
not sure what to make of that, or how to take a different approach. Maybe
Christian or another use can give us some insights.

> Thank you again.

You are most welcome. Sorry that we couldn't get it completely solved.

Kind regards,
> Hugo
>
> Best,
Bridger