From: Leo Studer
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 7:19 PM
To: Rob Stapper
Subject: Re: [basex-talk] recursively used variables

… and you do not even need the variable

declare %private function local:test( $i, $test) { if ( $i > 0)  then ($i,
$test( $i - 1, $test)) else() } ;

local:test( 10, local:test#2)

Cheers
Leo

On 8 Oct 2020, at 14:17, Rob Stapper <r.stap...@lijbrandt.nl> wrote:

Hi,

The code[1] below and send as attachment generates a error message: “Static
variable depends on itself:
$Q{http://www.w3.org/2005/xquery-local-functions}test”.
I use these variables to refer to my private functions in my modules so I can
easyly refer to them in a inheritance situation.
It’s not a big problem for me but I was wondering if the error-triggering is
justified or that it should work.

declare variable $local:test := local:test#1 ;
declare %private function local:test( $i) { if ( $i > 0)  then $local:test( $i
- 1) } ;

$local:test( 10)

Kind regards,

Rob Stapper