Hi Moishy,

I think you simply mixed up the arguments.

Arguments that come after the container name will be passet to the running
container, arguments that come before will be passed to the docker daemon.

For example:
>> https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/run/

You want to pass your arguments to the docker daemon, as it is the docker
daemon that will: publish the ports and mount the volume(s), so if you change
your command to:
> docker run --name basexhttp --publish 8984:8984 --volume
> "$HOME/basex/data":/srv/basex/data  basex/basexhttp:latest

It should work as intended :-)

Best
Michael