Hi Christian --

Apologies; I was hoping there was something in the structure of the
function that was obviously daft by inspection.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 09:15:56AM +0200, Christian Grün scripsit:
> Sorry, I’m lazy. Could you share some minimized code with us that
> triggers the error?

For certain narrowly defined values of lazy!

I've attached a zip.

The variable "awkward" has been assigned the string literal of the first
pattern in the sorted list of patterns which triggers the error.  Due to
a large table in the markup, this pattern is about 75 kb long.

The rest of the query is a function call using this variable as the
parameter.  It fails with a "Stack Overflow: Try tail recursion?"
error.

Thanks!

Graydon