Fellow BaseX Users!

You might have heard that XML Prague 2022 will take place in June. (Unless the then-prevalent Greek letter makes it impossible even in that time of year, of course.)

I asked Christian whether the BaseX team will organize a user group meeting after it had not happened for years now. Christian didn’t seem to be very fond of organizing such a meeting. I asked him whether he would be available to present new features, the roadmap, and for a Q&A session if the users themselves organized such a meeting. He agreed, and therefore I hereby ask the list members whether anyone will join me in organizing this.

The plan looks as follows: We will apply for one or two 90-minute slots via the CFP process (https://www.xmlprague.cz/cfp/). We don’t need to have a fixed schedule yet by Dec. 20 (end of CFP date as currently announced – it will be extended anyway).

Christian was so kind as to create a new repo, user-group, on Github. We will use one or more of its Wiki pages [1] in order to plan the event. The page will eventually evolve into an agenda if you agree.

Looking forward to meeting many of you in Prague in June.

And another organizing volunteer (or other volunteers), please come forward. Maybe we can also deal with it in the Wiki [2].

Gerrit

[1] https://github.com/BaseXdb/user-group/wiki/2022-06-XML-Prague
[2] https://github.com/BaseXdb/user-group/wiki/Members