From: Christian Grün <christian.gr...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, January 21, 2022 at 11:53 AM
To: Eliot Kimber <eliot.kim...@servicenow.com>
Cc: basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de <basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de>
Subject: Re: [basex-talk] Strategy for Persisting Maps that Contain Nodes:
db:node-id()
[External Email]

Hi Eliot,

XQuery Maps are very efficient, but they are mostly useful for ad-hoc queries.

If you want to create an additional persistent data structure, I would
probably create a database in order to benefit from the standard index
structures. db:node-id can be helpful indeed. See e.g. [1] for a
little example.

Best,
Christian

[1]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Indexes*Custom_Index_Structures__;Iw!!N4vogdjhuJM!XPtZc9sLkuddFj8NOxscyQ2d1RxM5t4s6KvswXztMuJgrdZ3bgKUOvmqNZKTNZd82-1ahg$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.basex.org/wiki/Indexes*Custom_Index_Structures__;Iw!!N4vogdjhuJM!XPtZc9sLkuddFj8NOxscyQ2d1RxM5t4s6KvswXztMuJgrdZ3bgKUOvmqNZKTNZd82-1ahg$>