For my initial attempt I’m just using proc:execute() from a manually-run XQuery
script run from the BaseX admin query panel:
  let $timeout as xs:integer := 60 * 30
  let $result := proc:execute($oxygenCmd,
     ('-i', $inputPath,
      '-r', $reportPath,
      '-s', $settingsPath
     ),
     map{
       'timeout' : $timeout
     }
  )

Subsequent tests seemed to work OK, in that the process ran until Oxygen ran
out of memory. I haven’t been able to figure out why my attempts to set the JVM
memory for Oxygen are failing and have contacted Oxygen support for guidance.

But it’s good to know about these other ways to set the timeout—I know I’ll
need to attend to more considered BaseX settings once I get everything hooked
up.

Cheers,

E.

Eliot Kimber