For my validation application (now christened “Project Mirabel” after the
Encanto character Mirabel Madrigal), I want to add user validation and
authentication via connection to our internal LDAP server

I think the solution is to build a custom version of BaseX server that replaces
the build-in base User implementation with one that uses JNDI to talk to the
LDAP server for user validation and authentication.

Looking at the Java code I’m not quite sure what the best way to go about this
is but I think it’s to provide a library that provides my custom LDAP-using
User classes and then replace the built-in user module implementation with one
that uses my User classes rather than the base User classes.

Am I on the right track?

I didn’t see anything that looked like a way to do a run-time configuration of
the classes used for authentication.

I kind of expected something like a UserValidator interface that is then used
by the UserCheck implementation, which would allow for different UserValidator
implementations to be set at runtime but the code is much simpler than that,
which is obviously sufficient for the majority of BaseX uses.

Thanks,

E.
Eliot Kimber
Sr Staff Content Engineer