Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, RTL (right-to-left) languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Persian,
others) are only poorly supported by BaseX. Various years ago,
Masoumeh Seydi from Iran helped us to improve BaseX GUI support for
Farsi. Back then, I came to know that most text editors, including MS
Office, regularly come to their limits when texts include both LTR and
RTL strings.

It would be great to locate a Java developer with theoretical and/or
practical knowledge on RTL languages who would be interested in
improving BaseX. If anyone is out there who thinks s·he could
contribute, please speak up!

Christian