On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 06:06:19PM +0200, Markus Elfring scripsit:
> > This would be the "simplify FLWOR expression:" returned just above the
> > "Optimized Query" section of the info window?
>
> I suggest to take another look at the items in the drop-down list of the info
> view.
>
> Do you find the item “Query” still relevant for further displays?

Sure!

The teaching use is to compare the Query, the Optimized Query, and the
steps in Compiling.

One of the core things with any declarative language is to not argue
with the optimizer, and looking at those Info items for simple things,
particularly XPath, helps build a sense of what the optimizer expects.

If the Query return has been rendered on a single line, well, XML
doesn't consider white space significant, and a few reminders of that do
no harm.

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydon...@gmail.com
Þæs oferéode, ðisses swá mæg.