In my RESTXQ application, I have the XML content in a database but the images
referenced from that content is only in a local clone of the git repository
from which the XML content is loaded into BaseX.

I would like to serve the images from RESTXQ-generated HTML Pages but I’m not
sure how to do that other than to use URLs that include the base64 image data
directly.

What I think I need to do is implement a RESTXQ end point that handles image
URLs that I know how to convert into image files on the file system but I don’t
see how to then return the raw bytes as the return result from the RESTXQ
handler function.

I’m trying to avoid copying the images because there’s no other reason to have
them in a database or otherwise copy them somewhere else on the file system.

I suppose I could symlink the git directories under the webapp directory but
that seems kind of icky too.

Thanks,

E.
Eliot Kimber